Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

New bag

Today I made myself a lovely new bag, out of some gorgeous silky material. As it was a prototype, it was bound to go wrong, but that's the way the cookie crumbles! It's a messenger bag, and I used the tutorial by mmmcrafts. Click here to try it out.


The button I used is absolutely amazing. It goes so well with the fabric, and really gives some oomph! On the tutorial, it says to decorate the flap, but I didn't for two reasons.

1. I wanted to let the fabric speak for itself.
2. I'd probably mess it up, what with it being a prototype and all.

Of course, I did mess up the flap. I sewed it in the wrong way round, meaning that when I joined it up, the flap was stuck inside the outside and lining. I had to cut a hole to get the flap through, and then sew it up again. So, all in all, ot the most succesful bag ever, but I'm pretty proud of it! That's because it's the first boxed bottom I've ever tried. (Do you call it boxed? I'm really not sure!) I expected it to be really difficult and mystical, but in fact it was really easy!

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! I hope that when I get around to attempting to make a bag out of my nice fabric that it comes out as well as this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your LOVELY comments!! Any questions, pop them here!